Spicy Grilled Scallops with a Corn, Bean, and Radish SaladRETURN TO RECIPES
Grilled scallops are a summer menu must, and are a cinch to prepare. This recipe brings on the heat from both the grill and the ingredients! Sweet and pillowy scallops are skewered, grilled, and served alongside a warm roasted corn, radish, and white bean salad that will have you savoring these long summer days with every bite.
- Soak the wooden skewers 1 hour prior to grilling. Mix the olive oil, honey, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Rinse and pat the scallops dry.
- Toss the scallops in the marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes. Do not marinate for longer than one hour.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Place the ears of corn in aluminum foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and seal. Place the quartered radishes in aluminum foil, drizzle with the remaining olive oil, and seal. Grill the packets for 15 minutes or until cooked. Remove from heat. Once cool enough to handle, remove the the corn kernels from the cob.
- Grill the bread. Use a pastry brush to brush the bread slices with olive oil on both sides. Place on the grill over indirect heat and grill until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Double skewer the scallops -- 3 per skewer. Work quickly -- the scallops will grill more easily if they are cold. Repeat until all the scallops have been skewered. Brush the grill grates with olive oil to avoid the scallops from sticking. Grill scallops for 4-6 minutes, flipping half way through with grill tongs.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the beans, pepper, shallot, Aleppo pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until the beans are warm and have been well-coated. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cooked beans, radishes, and corn together in a bowl with the lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro and an additional drizzle of olive oil.
- Enjoy the scallops with the corn, radish, and bean salad. Garnish with green onion, flake salt, and black pepper. Serve with the grilled bread.
Scallop and Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 lbs. sea scallops, side muscles removed
Grilled Corn, Bean, Radish Salad:
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 radishes, washed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 oz) navy or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small fresh jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh green onion, sliced
- 1 loaf Ciabatta Bread, sliced, brushed with olive oil, & grilled